27/05/2011

Sports writer/ Sub editor For Hire!

This is my online resume/ CV for employers. I am professional, knowledgable, experienced and very keen!
So here's to hoping this sports-loving word-smith can find a job.

Hire me!

Experience
2011 I worked on the sports desk of The Argus newspaper for a fortnight. Here I was in charge of subbing and writing for  the 4 page supplement, Youth in Action. I also got my first page lead here, all bylines available on request.

2011 I had a week’s internship at Sports Beat, News Associates.
2011 I completed and passed my NCTJ qualification from Brighton Journalist Works with modules in subbing, PA, Media Law and News Writing.

2010 I completed a three day course in “An Introduction to Sports Journalism” by News Associates.

2010 I was short listed for “Sports Writer of the Year” award at my University

2008 I wrote for the Sports section of Kent University’s newspaper, Inquire. Bylines available on request.

2006 Spent a week on the Sports Desk of The Argus. Most notably this was during the Eastbourne Tennis Tournament where I interviewed Jamie Murray.

2005 I had a week’s work experience on The Argus sports desk. Here I learnt interview technique and improved my writing style.

2003 I got my first taste of journalism when I used to write the match reports for my Sussex Sundy League side on www.yellowjersey.co.uk

Other Writing experience

I have a degree in English Language, where I wrote a dissertation on the language of Sports Announcer Talk, totalling over 15, 000 words.

I am competent in Social Media, where I have worked as a Social Network Manager for Brighton Journalist Works in Summer 2010.

References available upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment